Sunday, October 2, 2011

Tribute to the Hats

I have been meaning for a long time to dedicate a post to the beautiful hats we received so far for our current campaign, which is still running in case you were wondering.

I think the pictures will do most of the talking this time. The vacuum packed, saran-wrapped hats are from friends at Baragwanath Blessings, who are committed to helping babies and children around the world. I lef them in the plastic, because I thought it would be easier to send them on later. I very much would LOVE to open it up and look at each and every one! I took several shots to get an idea of the magnitude. There are FORTY hats!





 

These beauties are from one of the ladies on our Ravelry page, madamedufarge. She did a wonderful job, each one a masterpiece in its own right:


These are from another Ravelry member, who is local to me. She also does fantastic knitting!


And there you have it! That is what 69 hats looks like. 69 hats so far... and counting. 69 warm heads this winter. 69 hats sheltered from the cold. 69 hats sheltered from the rain. 69 hats to uplift the broken little spirits of the babies and children of Gaza.
Enjoy! I may edit this to feature more hat pics when I find them, as there are more!  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely!! I've made several scarves, but I didn't know who to send them to. Please let me know.
Fadwa (the GyPsY)

Beeba said...

Hi Fadwa! Thanks for stopping by our blog. If you'll be so kind as to email hatsforgaza@gmail.com, we would be more than glad to send you the address to send your scarves. On behalf of our group and the children we care about, THANK YOU!!! :D

ireminisces said...

Your investing into this wonderful blog. Please do follow/comment on my blog. Stay blessed and keep up the good work, see my new "A Fly and A King". MashAllah ! Your doing a good job email me if you wish im an investor

LindaM said...

Beautiful changes Safiyah and of course, gorgeous hats too. 69 and counting! Wow. Its going to be a nice shipment.

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment! Bear in mind, we will delete and not publish offensive, negative or derogatory comments. Thank you!

ardianzzz.blogspot.com 2009 powered by blogger template air mail by ardianzzz